Monday 25 July 2011

The First One

Back on June 18th a group of ladies from Muskoka Woods gathered together to throw the first baby shower for us. A small group of women came together and really reminded me how much of a loving community we have around us. It is funny how in times of struggle we can feel so alone... but I we are not alone at all. Two tangible reminders they sent me away with is an album with advice and sayings from each who were there, as well as a quilt that everyone put at least a few stitches in. Some days I seem so determined to not reach out or ask for help in fear of how those requests or leaning will be received. How silly!

The second shower thrown for us in Kemptville had such a similar feeling - a smaller group of women gathering together letting us know how excited they are for us. It is impossible to leave a party like that and not feel so loved!

We are so very thankful to every person who was involved in the planing, purchasing, and prayer. I know not everyone who wanted to attend could make the showers... please know how much we appreciate you too! :)

I have just acquired a few pictures from the first shower so will post those below. Bryan has said throughout this pregnancy that my highs are higher and my lows are lower. The showers definitely brought me into high emotions - have you ever seen ANYONE this excited about a farm puzzle and bibs? :)









No comments:

Post a Comment