Friday 18 March 2011

Road Trip

Last weekend Bryan and I left Barrie Friday morning for the Ottawa Valley. It had been since Christmas that we have spent time with my parents and figured they would enjoy a chance to see this growing belly of mine. My Mum fed us amazing meals while my Dad played paparazzi (so I now have a picture to add here); we also spent a lot of time tracking everything that was happening in Japan. The Japanese exchange student who has become a part of our family, Takaki Kosakai definitely made our concern more personal for what was (and continues) occurring in Japan. Certainly we continue to pray for our dear friends, but also the entire country as they journey through these absolutely awful circumstances.

My high school friend Kelly-Anne just happened to be home that weekend as well so her and her Mum met my Mother and I at a coffee house in the near by town. It was so nice to connect with these special women and of course have them rub my tummy. I also enjoyed an impromptu barn visit with Lisa. :)

On the drive home we were able to share a couple of hours with the crew at Tait Family Farms. Always an entertaining pleasure. And then wrapping up the weekend with Sunday Family Dinner in Port Perry.

It was a great weekend spent with so many we love and care for. All of this driving really makes me hope that Seven enjoys car rides as much as we do!

1 comment: